I’m a pretty big optimist when it comes to life. I don’t walk around with a big grin on my face all the time, but I’m a happy person. The reason I’m a happy person is I put a lot of effort into controlling the things I focus on.
Now, I have my share of trials and problems; but I choose to focus on solutions to problems rather than problems themselves. It makes a world of difference! I have also found that being grateful affects how you view things as well.
So, how do we get to the place where we start changing what we think about, and become more positive people? Well, there are three things that have really help me. Those three things are reading scripture, reading affirmations, and reading great quotes.
I have written about affirmations in the past, I shared some very uplifting scriptures in my last post; so today I would like to share 12 really good quotes to help get you focused in a good direction. I hope you enjoy them.
1. If you don’t pay appropriate attention to what has your attention, it will take more of your attention than it deserves. ~~ David Allen
2. Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. ~~ Helen Keller
3. Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not. ~~ Oprah Winfrey
4. In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently. ~~ Tony Robbins
5. It is not how much we do, but how much love we put in the doing. It is not how much we give, but how much love we put in the giving. ~~ Mother Teresa
6. I slept and I dreamed that life is all joy, I woke and I saw that life is all service. I served and I saw that service is joy. ~~ Mother Teresa
7. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. ~~ Aristotle
8. The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his information and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. To him he’s always doing both. ~~ James A. Michener
9. Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better. ~~ Pat Riley
10. Paint a masterpiece daily. Always autograph your work with excellence. ~~ Greg Hickman
11. Excellence is a better teacher than mediocrity. The lessons of the ordinary are everywhere. Truly profound and original insights are to be found only in studying the exemplary. ~~ Warren G. Bennis
12. Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude. ~~ Ralph Marston
Life is what you make of it. If you focus on bad, you will see all the bad life has to offer, if you focus on good, you will see all the good that life has to offer.
So, the choice is really up to you. I hope you will choose to focus on the good, and that the above quotes help.
Do you have any favorite quotes you’d like to share?